Double money canine cash give away.
No sponsors for Great North Dog Walk, taxpayer chips in again.
It was £500 of our cash in 2009 and Brian made the point that the Great North Dog Walk in South Shields seems to have a last minute crisis every year, this year South Tyneside Council (on our behalf) has doubled your contribution to £1000. This year’s taxpayers double your money cash give away will provide oodles more, indeed lots more than the £500 worth of water a couple of years ago. If this amount of cash can now stretch to providing water, poop scoops, security barriers, PA systems and insurance then we ought to stop worrying about the council’s ability to provide services during these austere periods, they are obviously experts at making our cash go further!
Notice how the numbers keep rising too – 30,000 visitors each year, 18,000 dogs, £4.2m raised!
- Where did they all park?
- Did you see those 30,000 visitors last year?
- How much cash did the sponsors provide previously?
- Did you see more than 4000 dogs per hour on The Leas?
- Why have all of the sponsors apparently pulled out?
- How many questions do the Council put to the organisers?
- Where are the accounts published?
- Why has Mr. Carlisle failed to answer my email?